Planning on a short trip this coming holiday? then visiting Malaysia is the best option to get an amazing short trip from Singapore. Great food, sightseeing, shopping and many more.
Navigating in Malaysia might be tough at first, Here, NEXX Car Rental presents the Ultimate Guide to Car Rental in Malaysia!
Car Rental Guide #1 – Prices, Benefits and Services.
Always do a simple comparison on car rental prices, benefits and customer experience offered by different car rental companies around you. That way could save you alot of time and money. Finding a reliable car rental company is always the smartest choice. You can find one of the lowest car rental prices and the best customer experience provided in Malaysia by clicking here.
Car Rental Guide #2 – Customer’s Review.
Besides getting the best out of your pocket, a car rental company’s past customer reviews are always important to have a look out as it is the quickest way to find out if a car rental company is providing their services up to their customer’s expectations. You can always look for customer reviews on social media websites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) , search engines (Google) or even travel/Business websites. (TripAdvisor, ExpatGo, Yelp etc)
Car Rental Guide #3 – Documentations
Customers are usually requested by car rental companies to submit their documents beforehand in order for verification and confirmation. So, make sure you have all your documents ready in hand before collecting your rental car.
Standard customer documentations are:
- 1x MyKad / Passport
- 1x Driving license
- 1x Utility Bill (for local renters)
- 1x Work I.D / Student I.D (for local renters)
Car Rental Guide #4 – Safety, Rules & Regulations
Whether you are travelling in or out of Kuala Lumpur, it is very important to always make sure that the rental car is well serviced and taken care of as you don’t want to be stranded in the middle of no where. Following and obeying the Malaysian driving law will definitely save you a lot of time and trouble from the authorities.
Rules and Regulations of Car Rental in Kuala Lumpur
The minimum legal age to drive a car is 17 years old.
All vehicle drivers are responsible for the safety of their passengers and other road users. The main road regulations are:
- Drive on the left in Malaysia and overtake on the right
- A vehicle’s road tax tag must be prominently displayed on the windscreen and be valid at the time of use of the vehicle
- Car registration plates must be displayed and in good condition
- All lighting functions must work and the car must be in good working condition
- Car insurance must be valid
- Front seat belts must be worn at all times while driving
- A driving licence must be carried at all times and must be shown on request to police or at a Road Transport Department check point
- Drink driving and driving while under the influence of prohibited drugs are serious offences and are subject to strict penalties, including jail terms